The Canadiens 2004 development camp

Все о проспектах НХЛ, молодёжных лигах, ЧМ, драфтах.
  • Автор
Hall of Fame
Контактная информация:

The Canadiens 2004 development camp

Сообщение Richard »

Коментарий Thomas"a после увиденого в первый день кэмпа.Стянул с хоккифьюче :wink:
Andrei Kastsitsyn – One of the better skaters present at the camp today. He did not have break-a-way speed, but his skating was effortless. He was excellent in the puck control and passing drills, the stick work is definitely there. His release is as quick and smooth as some top NHLers, the strength and speed of his shot are there, but the aim was not there today, most shots missing the net or hitting the goaltender in the pads or chest. His frame is bigger than I had expected, hes not exceptionally tall, but hes got a wide frame and showed good balance when confronting a defenseman. Was poor on the one on one drills, playing along the perimeter most of the time. Solid in most areas, though his physical play needs some work, he showed enough skill to beat defenseman one on one, but doesn’t use his strength in those situations.

Corey Locke – A man among boys today, Locke showed why he was the top scorer in the CHL these past two seasons. His skating strides are slow (especially when accelerating), though his speed is not as bad as some have described in the past, a Ribeiro type skater. His shot was what impressed me most, a quick deceptive shot which caught the goaltenders off guard on more than one situation. He faired the best in the passing and stickhandling drills. He looks small on the rink, especially next to the likes of Archer, but his height is not that bad, his frame seems to be the problem. His moves and plays we’re well liked by the audience. He looked like a future NHLer out there, his shot, vision, playmaking and stickhandling are NHL ready, he just needs to keep working on his skating strides and his lower body strength.

Kyle Chipchura – I was disappointed with his play today to say the least. His passes were more often than not received in the skates rather than on the tape, for a supposed playmaker they looked lousy. His shot needs a lot of work, though he has said he will work on it this offseason, the strength and speed just isn’t there. His skating was good, a lot better than I had anticipated. Archer managed to contain him very effectively on one-on-one situations. His strength, physical play and defensive game were hard to judge most drills being of the skilled variety. He’s one of the youngest invitees, so this is somewhat normal.

Those were the three I concentrated on; the rest of the players will have briefer descriptions.

Cory Urquhart – Has bulked up since last summer’s prospect camp, didn’t appear to be as lanky as before. Andre Savard’s comments about his hands were just, he made some nice passes, dangles and had a pretty impressive shot. Seemed more willing to confront defenseman on one-on-one situations, something he had problems with last season. His skating got better, though it still needs a bit of work. Displayed a great attitude, during the free shots period he liked to joke around with other players.

Michael Lambert – One of the better players today, hes got a strong accurate shot and challenged defenseman on one-on-one situations. Should be interesting to see what he can do in Hamilton next season.

Jimmy Bonneau – This guy will be a fan favourite when he makes it to the NHL. His physical skills were not on display, but he has a nose for the net and a surprisingly good shot. Scored one of the nicer top corner goals today. He reminds me of Chris Simon in some ways, though will most likely never become a top 9 player. He will be a good enforcer who can score once in awhile, not one of those uni-dimensional goons we see so often.

Maxim Lapierre – Was one of the more physical players today, but the skill drills aren’t his domain. He did fairly well in all the categories, but nothing stood out. Guy sitting next to me (who’s brother supposedly plays in the Q) said hes got a good reputation in the Q however.

Jonathan Ferland – Was the leader on the ice today, most likely because of his experience. His offensive skills are not that impressive, but hes a big guy that everyone seemed to like. If he rounds out his game, he may be a good 4th line energy player who can provide some offense.

Alex Dulac – I see why McKeen’s said he was not good enough to be drafted in this years entry draft, he was the worst player on the ice, he stood out in a bad way. His skating was extremely poor, was the only one that lost his footing on more than one occasion, and constantly fanned on his passes and shots. On one-on-ones he refused to challenge the forward, something worrisome about a physical stay at home defenseman Timmin’s described him as.

Andrew Archer – Or was it Mike Komisarek? They look similar not only in style, but in physical appearance as well. They have the same sized frame and play a similar game. Komisarek is better positionally when playing defense, but Archer has a mean streak Komisarek is lacking. Archer was in Chipchura’s face all day, to the point where I actually felt sorry for Chipchura. Was one of the oldest players present, so hes further along in his development.

Greg Stewart – He looks physically imposing and has a nice slaper. Didn’t pay much attention to him, but his some of his shots were impressive.

Danny Stewart – Had a bad first impression of him at last years prospect camp, so I have never liked him. Not particularly good at anything, and has that Ribeiro smirk I hate so much.

Mark Flood – To tell you the truth, I didn’t pay much attention to him, like most defenseman.

Oskari Korpikari – The defenseman I paid most attention to because his size surprised me. I had always thought he was a small offensive minded defenseman but he seemed the total opposite today. I have never played defense so I don’t like commenting on specifics about their play, but he looked good none the less.

Christian Larivee – Showed some nice flashes, has a nice frame, but or else was pretty normal for an “overagers”.
Коментарий CaptainPuck"a, стянул с HabFans
Andrei Kastsitsyn - I was not very impressed with AK today... he was floating around most of the time... but at times he did show excellent speed and hands.. Good variety of shots, but seemed to shoot on the goalie too much. His shot is extremely heavy; the bad part is i know that cuz he was also missing the net a lot, causing huge noises on the boards, lol. Mind you its only the first day, but his tentativeness worries me..

Kyle Chipchura - He is litterally what the scouts make him out to be... Good hands, decent wheels, defensively aware, but not a standout (at least not today). He was probably the most talkative amongst the players along with Locke, which shows his leadership qualities. He seems to do the little things well, such as cycling and positioning. Reminds me of Rod Brind'amour.

Corey Locke - Best player on the first day. His skating is really not that bad, he has awesome hands, albeit he is on the smallish side. Always shot high on the butterfly goalies there and scored most of the time. His best asset is his on-ice vision. I think we have a Ribeiro look alike here. Showed good leadership and looked very comfortable.

Jimmy Bonneau - Somebody asked on this guy. He is... well... big. Didnt drop the gloves. Doesnt have much skill, but does check well. Was pinniing defensemen quite easily on 2 on 2s, which was funny, he was the only one doing it. Very average speed.

Cory Uruqhart - Looked very good as well. I was impressed.

Maxim Lapierre and Danny Stewart also had flashes of nice skill and showed willingness to get somewhat physical.

The only defenseman that I liked was Korpikari. Makes a good outlet pass, skates well, and is very sound one on one. O'Byrne and Archer need to improve skating.

The goalies were pretty bad. Danis is the only one that shows promise. Halak is stand up and got beat low a few times. The other goalies go down to fast into the butterfly and get beat high a lot.

The tryouts indeed looked like tryouts, nothing to be reported there. Everyone who I did not mention was unnoticeable and some were simply pylons ice.

Первое что стоит отметить это большой размер Костицына.Парень сматерел конкретно за один год.Владеет мощным ударом,только вот с точностью нужно поработать.Довольно неплохо катается.
Чипчура-ничего екстра не показал.Что и не удивительно,он один из младших в этом кэмпе.
Локк- значительно улучшил свое катания,теперь он катается на уровне Рибейро:) Что ж для начала неплохо.Также,Корри продемонстрировал свой магический удар,хорошое видения площадки и главное работоспособность.Одна из главных проблем Локка-это крошечные габариты и из того что я понял он вряд ли станет намного мощнее
ОБирн и Арчер-наши Великаны дефы,показали что умеет хорошо кататься не смотря на свой огромный вес.Арчер говорят агресивный как зверь,Комисарек против него как лапочка.Самое интересное во второй день когда наши серовновались в скорости,ОБирн обогнал Костицына
Финский АТЕЦ Корпикари тоже обладает хорошим вессом и после первого дня оставил очень приятное впечитления о своей игре.
Лапьер был одним из самых жестких игроков первого дня.Хотя со скиллсами у него траблы.
Уркхарт-тоже зарекомендовал себя с хороший стороны.Как и y Локка,его катания улучшилось.Показал неплохое видения площадки и хороший удар.

Второй день прошел с акцентом на катания.Главная новость во многом для Лармара.Что з самого утра на льду был замечен....Пьер Дежане.Говорят парень пришел спецом для этого,очень сильно хочет улучшить свое катания за каникулы.Жалко что его кореша Рибейро там не оказалось,видать парень в театре "Драмы и Комедии" пробует улучшить свои задатки игрока:)

Top line
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Rumata »

He was probably the most talkative amongst the players along with Locke, which shows his leadership qualities.
вот это меня конректно порадовало:) если он даже сейчас говорит и пытается кого-то завести, полидировать что ли - это очень большой гут, возможно мы нашли для нас настоящего капитана, если он будет пахать всё у него и у нас будет;) возможно наше будущее уже с нами :D блин, класс...
про Кастицына - что стал больше гут, хвалят катание и руки - ну если бы ещё это было плохо:) но всё же нам главное чтоб он подтянул другие аспекты игры, может ему надо провести сезон в АХЛ как Пережогину...
блин, написал и вспомнил о нём, надеюсь он нас не покинул навсегда:(
то что Локк (тянет написать Локке:)) глянулся - это тоже большой гут;)
З.Ы. про защитников уж не говорю, и так понятно, что это "карашоу":)

Hall of Fame
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Richard »

Вот ссылкa на два клипа:один с участиям Чипчуры другой с Костицыном.Смотрите на будущих АТЦОВ!;)
http://ishfhome.tripod.com/2m4b.html
По общим коментария радуют наши дефы-ОБирн и Корпикари,не далеко от них Арчер.Они умеют не только печатать в борт со всей силы,а имеют еще ряд хороших качеств.Что ж это хорошо,в защите вроде все не так плохо как раньше казалось.
Ответить